Chicken-Style Tofu Fajitas
Baked tofu replaces meat for a satisfyingly delicious vegetarian recipe.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 8 fajita-size (6- to-7-inch) tortillas
- 8- to-10-ounces baked tofu, cut into strips
- Red or green (tomatillo) salsa, to taste
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt, reduced-fat sour cream, or soy yogurt
- 2 cups finely shredded lettuce
- Preheat over toaster oven to 400 F.
- Wrap the entire batch of tortillas in foil and warm while preparing filling.
- Place the tofu strips on a plate and microwave briefly until warmed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread the little salsa and yogurt down the center of each tortilla and arrange a few tofu strips over them.
- Sprinkle with some lettuce, roll up snugly and serve.