Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness and nutrition courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
Ready in 25 Minutes | Makes 2 Servings
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tsp. grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced Crimini or button mushrooms
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach or baby kale
- Hot sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, toss together sweet potato, Parmesan, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, about two minutes. Remove mushrooms from skillet and add sweet potato mixture to pan. Cook until sweet potato is tender and begins to brown, about five minutes.
- Remove sweet potato from skillet and add remaining oil. Carefully crack eggs into skillet and cook until whites are set and the outer edges start to curl. Flip eggs and cook to desired hardness.
- Form sweet potato into mounds on two serving plates, and top each with 1/2 cup mushrooms, 1/2 cup baby greens and one egg. Add a few squirts of hot sauce if desired.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories: 254; Total Fats: 15 g; Saturated Fat: 4 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 222 mg; Sodium: 602 mg; Total Carbohydrates: 16 g; Fiber: 2 g; Sugar: 4 g; Protein: 13 g; Iron: 2 mg