Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Watch each video carefully, follow our instructions below, and post yourself crushing these burpees with the hashtag #OxygenBadassBurpees for your chance to win.
Beginners can do one to two sets of five to 10 reps each. More advanced participants can shoot for three sets of 15, 20 or more reps. You also can blend them into your existing exercise program, circuit, metcon or Workout of the Day.
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, arms at your sides.
2. Crouch and place your hands on the floor, then hop your feet behind you so you’re in plank — head, hips and heels aligned, spine and head neutral.
3. Do a push-up, then jump your feet in halfway back toward your hands.
4. Balance on your hands as you kick both feet up into the air like a donkey kicking behind him.
When your feet land, stand up and leap into the air, reaching your arms overhead.
Sandbag Squat-Clean Burpee
1. Stand behind a sandbag with your feet hip-width apart, arms at your sides. Make sure the sandbag handles are pulled toward you or are easily reachable.
2. Crouch and place your hands on the far side of the sandbag and jump your feet back into plank.
3. Jump your feet back underneath you and grab a sandbag handle in each hand.
4. As you stand, pull the sandbag up in front of you and use momentum and the handles to flip it over so it’s resting on your shoulders and upper chest, and lift your elbows to shoulder height.
5. Hold the sandbag in this front rack position as you drop your hips and lower into a squat, chest lifted. Extend your legs to return to the start.
6. Flip the sandbag back off your arms and release the handles to drop it to the floor.
Didn’t get a chance to sign up for the challenge? Join in the fun here.