Low-Carb Banana Bread
Looking for a delicious banana bread that's low in carbs, too? This recipe is packed with flavor and won't increase your waistline.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 12-ounces soft cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup soy protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 16 packets Splenda sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 1 cup whole almond meal
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly butter three mini loaf pans (3 x 6 inches).
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and two eggs until smooth, thick, and fluffy. Then, add the remaining eggs, one at a time, beating briefly after each addition.
- Add bananas, soy protein powder, baking powder, Splenda, vanilla extract, and lemon peel and continue to beat at a slow speed.
- Add wheat bran and almond meal, blending at low speed.
- Spoon batter into pans.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean after piercing top of bread.
- Let cool and slice. Refrigerated, bread will stay fresh for four days. You can also freeze bread if you won’t eat it that quickly.
Nutrients per serving (Makes 30 servings of 1/2-inch slices): Carbs: 3.6 g, Protein: 4 g